Saturday, May 31, 2008

The Yard Sale

I'm not gonna lie to you people: I am not crazy about yard sales. Oh, I like going to them pretty well -- lotsa fun stuff to see and bargains to be had -- but I don't like throwing them myself. Still, we've done it probably 5 or 6 times now, with varying degrees of success. Our latest attempt occurred this morning, from about 8 until noon. E.M. likes to set up a snack stand, which is often one of the more popular attractions (people get hungry and thirsty when yard saling). The few highlights of the day included someone carting off our skanky old BBQ grill (but not until we'd reduced the price from $3 to $0!), and my beautiful girlfriend Donna arriving in the late morning with Starbucks for us.

Please enjoy these documentary photos.














2 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least you didn't get to the point of "will pay you" to get rid of the BBQ! :-D

Here's hoping the boy had a good haul with the snack stand!

Sean Dahl said...

Daggummit! I could've used that BBQ... for parts! I would have even paid you THREE WHOLE DOLLARS for it! I was 'Qing a couple summers ago, when the hose from the tank decided to melt, and the gas was flaming up outside. Yeah, it kinda' scared me. I know that they probably have safety precautions built in, but geez... the thought of a tank blowing up tightens my sphincter!!

Sorry... t.m.i.

Anyhow, one last comment. Yard sales are my third favorite "white trash activity", right behind the DRIVE-IN MOVIES and... wait... maybe those are my only favorite white trash activities.

Nothin', and I mean NOTHIN' more white trash than the drive-in. Mrs. Dahl and I went to see South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut, at the drive-in, and you couldn't believe how many grade schoolers were running around. Mommy and daddy thought it would be a fun night out at the drive-in. Animated feature film = FAMILY FUN!