Friday, May 7, 2010

2-year Anniversary of The Siegel Files!

I can't believe it! Has it *really* been 2 years since I started this blog?! In some ways, it feels like I just started it, and in others, it feels like a lifetime ago that I met this asshat and his dumb baby who unintentionally dragged me kickin' & screamin' into the blogosphere.

I love blogging. I love having a place where I can share what our family is up to, as well as just random silly thoughts. I used to think in terms of a blog needing to be something others wanted to read; at some point, I made the transition into seeing that it really needed to be... whatever the writer is compelled to express. Because you can't write a blog if you're not somehow driven to do so.

Speaking of compelling... A lovely lady named Virginia Corbett (she of the Roots & Zest blog) apparently finds MY blog compelling, as she presented me with a Stiletto Award a few weeks ago! SQUEEEEEEEEEE! This blog award was created "to salute the women who balance life, family & relationships with style & class ... who share their experiences with us ... who encourage us, inspire us, teach us, make us laugh and basically keep us going!" I am completely tickled to have received this (although I think there are those who would take issue with the "style" and "class" components. HA!). For full into about the Stiletto Award, go here.

Note that I do not require my recipients to pass the award on. I know alot of people just don't do this sorta thing, and I'm totally jiggy with that.


And so, without further ado, here are my Stiletto winners.

A BOY NAM
ED SEUSS.

Read about the adventures of my friend Jessica: self-proclaimed "aging punk rocker, cat herder, wife & mom". I've never met anyone quite like this platinum-blonde, inked-up Jewess. She'll make you laugh, cry... and wonder how the hell she looks SO. DAMN. GOOD. ALL. THE. TIME.

CIRCUS ACTS.

The unusually introspective Miss K shares the ups & downs of life in the Big Top with her hubby and 2 precious behbehs. You'll feel like she's talkin' directly to you... because, I think she really IS. Go for the prose; stay for the pictures of the *redonk* little girl in the pigtails!

THE ADVENTURES AND MISADVENTURES OF ONE MISS KELLY P. BERGIN.

Go there. Now. Your jaw will drop. Is this chick drunk? Is she ill? Is she completely BATSHIT?! You make the call. One thing's for sure -- you will laugh hysterically, weep unexpectedly, and generally marvel at The Kellinator.

GUST GAB.


My friend Darcie. Like all of us, she's busy with her own shit -- kids, husband, job, household. Yet somehow, she finds time and energy for other people/organizations/causes... you name it, she's helping out. The world needs more Darcies! Follow her antics here at Gust Gab.

INTROVERTED WIFE.

This is my friend Sabrina. She's CRAZY talented. Deadpan sense of humor. Makes wedding-dress paintings, MST3K pendants, and anatomically correct soaps, among other things. Topics on this blog include but are not limited to: couscous, trees, Labrador Retrievers, and eyeballs.

And there you have it.

It feels good to celebrate my blog's 2-year anniversary by honoring other bloggers!

Keep bloggin' everybody! And I hope you'll continue to check in with us from time to time here at The Siegel Files.

1 comment:

manxlass said...

Congratulations on your 2-year blogiversary! Hard to believe it's been that long. Thanks for sharing your ongoing wacky adventures.