Friday, October 17, 2008

Oops! I did it again! (I just wanted to say that.)

Ladies and gentlemen, I am pleased to announce that I am the latest recipient of an Oops! Award. My fabulous blogger friend Kate gave it to me! Thanks, Other Kate! {{hugs}}


The Oops Award is "given to bloggers who inspire others with their humor and their talents, also for contributing to the blogging world in whatever medium." When you receive this award it is considered a special honor. Once you have received the award, you are to pass it on to others. I, however, am arbitrarily throwing out that rule, cuz some of the people I want to give the award to will probably neither post about it, nor pass it on! Still, they are my favorite blogs and they meet the other criteria, so I must honor them.


If you DO wish to pass it on: 1) Pick 5 blogs that you would like to award this honor to; 2) Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone; 3) Each award winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award itself, unless they don't feel like it; and 4) Award-winner and the one who has given the prize have to show the link of “Oops” blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award.


So, without further ado, here are my award winners!


1. Uncle Zeke's Music Emporium


Uncle Zeke is an awful lot of fun, and so is his blog. He has wide-ranging tastes in music, and likes nothing more that writing/talking about it. He will listen to anything you say, and not mock your crazy opinions (at least not to your face). In addition, he's a rabid left-wing Mormon mailman! WTF?! Check him out! Thanks for being awesome, Zeke!


2. Apple Juice: A Blinding Flash of the Obvious


This is the blog of Matt's friend A.J. He mostly talks about political stuff, but occasionally he just waxes philosophic about life in the MN. I like it. Plus, he indirectly introduced me to Lileks' tweets!


3. The Daily Gratitude Blog


This is just *one* of the blogs of my new online peep, Teal Chimblo. (What the hell kind of awesome name is that?! I love it! Teal Chimblo! Teal Chimblo! It's just fun to say!) Teal is the real-life friend of Other Kate, as well as a seeker of bliss and teacher of yoga. Oh, and she's a bitchen artist, too. Check her out, and don't miss her online store, where you can get ::awesomesauce:: merchandise!


4. Mothering Nature


This blog is by a gal named Jackie, who is another friend of Matt's (almost all of my blogging connections have emanated, in some way, from Matt). She's going thru a bit of a rough patch in life (okay, that is a MASSIVE understatement), but she faces each day with as much aplomb as she can muster. She is a *beautiful* lady with beautiful kids, and I hope you will visit her and give her some moral support if you can!


5. VideoGamerz


Last but not least, I must acknowledge VideoGamerz, quite possibly the *best* blog for video-game lovers on the entire internet, hands-down. And the author of the blog is a ridiculously handsome and talented 10-year-old boy! WOW! Where did he GET such amazing DNA?! It's a mystery! Check out his site and leave a comment! He'll be delighted.


Thanks once again to Kate, for passing this honor along to me, and thanks to these bloggers for inspiring me. My apologies to my other blog peeps -- I wish I coulda given this award to ALL of you!


See y'all in the blogosphere...


7 comments:

manxlass said...

CONGRATULATIONS! <3 Well deserved!

Sean Dahl said...

First off, a big hearty CONGRATULATIONS for your reception of this prestigious award. Second, that YOU for your nomination of my Music Emporium, making me a fellow winner of this wonderful prize. I shall respond further, when I have a little more time. In the meantime, keep up the splendid, SURREAL work, which makes your blog one of the most enjoyable...no, THE most enjoyable, I have ever read.

Again.... gracias.

Uncle Zeke!

Anonymous said...

Umm, is nominating a blood relative cheating? Just checking...

Marissa said...

awww shit, i at least gave you an honorable mention. LOLOLOLOL!!!!

Teal Marie Chimblo Fyrberg said...

Whooo hoo!!! Thank you Kate! I am honored indeed and I will pay the Oops! forward to some other great bloggers! Thanks for your support and recognition:-)

Kate said...

Good call on AJ's blog!

Anonymous said...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27282440