Monday, January 4, 2010

Furlough Monday activities!

Ohhhh, furlough days. I'm supposed to hate you. I'm supposed to be incensed and resentful that I am forced to take days off from work, unpaid, due to the California budget crisis.

And yet, I don't hate you. I adore you. I don't know how I will live without you, once I am required to return to a normal work schedule.

I spent today's furlough day with Mr. Siegel, who took a day off from HIS job in order to kick around with me! We opted to do activities that The Boy hates, since he wasn't with us. Aren't we thoughtful?!

We decided to start the day with breakfast at DuPar's in Farmer's Market. Delish! From there, we ambled out into Farmer's Market and The Grove, where we enjoyed the wares and the people watching. Our final stop of the day was at one of our most favoritest stores -- Amoeba Records in Hollywood! (I don't have any pix of that cuz by then, my fone battery had died.)


All in all, it was an absolutely fabulous day. We love our boy, but grownup time is pretty awesome, too. ;-)




I have no idea what these signs mean.


That's not bacon I'm holding -- it's giant striped pasta. And, it's $23/bag.




2 comments:

manxlass said...

Striped pasta? Whatup? Sounds like an awesome day. Those pancakes look so good you could almost have 'em without the bacon (and I do like bacon). See you tomorrow when it's back to the grind.

Kate @ Ex Libris said...

They mean "Why are you sitting down?" or "Where are your arms?"