Wednesday, December 23, 2009

#hashtaggery #ohnomyspleen

So, as some of you may know, I like to hang out on Twitter. There, I have met alot of awesome peeps, many of whom are non-stop laugh-riots. They enjoy engaging in what has come to be known as #hashtaggery. This is when a label is created, either specifically for fun or organically, and everyone jumps on the bandwagon trying to come up with a word or phrase that fits the hashtag. A good article on this phenom can be found here.

So anyhoo, yesterday my young'un was with me at the office, and he was drawing pictures. One of them was quite hysterical (see below), so I posted it as a Twitpic. Everyone was just tickled by it, but my peep @introvertedwife was downright INSPIRED. She immediately started engaging in #ohnomyspleen #hashtaggery! Much zaniness ensued. Many people found themselves weeping and ::falling off chair laughing::.

The Boy was absolutely THRILLED to be involved in the inception of a Social Media phenom! I like to think it's the librarian in him, since hashtagging is really just cataloging for New Media. ;-) I was thrilled to have him so entertained, and to have him really get a sense of what Twitter is all about (i.e., community and instantaneous information sharing).

The original drawing can be viewed below, along with a sampling of the ensuing #hashtaggery.

Good times!



No comments: